Search Upcoming Events
Our searchable event list includes only events with fixed start and end dates. For a list of destinations and events that are open year-round, or that repeat regularly throughout the year, check out our Ongoing Events.
- This event has passed.
April 9, 2017
April 9 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
RC: Make & Take – Drones 101
Build skills for tomorrow’s industries. From photographers to real estate agents, drones are fast becoming an essential tool in dozens of industries. Young or young at heart, we invite you to join our master hobbyist, Tom Neff, as he walks you through drone kit creation and flight inside our World War II-era hangar. With over 40 years of RC aircraft flight experience, Mr. Neff will give you the tools and confidence you need to build indispensable job skills or to just have some weekend fun!
All workshops take place at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum.
What to expect:
• One Ethos drone with transmitter (controller), one battery and one battery charger.
• Flight instruction and training on a drone flight simulator
• Information about how to get insurance through the AMA and how to register you’re your drone with the FAA.
• Flying the right way!
• Federal Aviation Administration rules and regulations for the hobbyist drone flyer while flying in national air space.
• Practice flying and landing in a controlled manor inside the hanger through obstacles to sharpen you’re flying skills.
• Basics of aerodynamics involved with your Ethos drone.
• Safe battery charging practices
• Extra batteries will be available
• Cost: $250.00
Specifications about the Ethos drone:
• Length: 12.2 inches including rotor blades
• Height: 2.8 inches
• Propeller/Main rotor Diameter :5.7 inches
• Weight: 3.1 0z
• Main motor: Geared coreless
• Battery: 500 mha 1s 3.7 volt Lip
• Charger : 1s 3.7 lipo A/C
• Transmitter: 4 channel,2.4 ghz
• Onboard electronics: 5-in-1 receiver/4 ESC mixer/3-axis gyro /3axis accelerometer (previously installed).
Have workshop questions? Contact Tom Neff at Thomas.Neff@Comcast.net