Search Upcoming Events
Our searchable event list includes only events with fixed start and end dates. For a list of destinations and events that are open year-round, or that repeat regularly throughout the year, check out our Ongoing Events.
- This event has passed.
Lowry Speaker Series Presents: “An Intimate Conversation with Lauren Y. Casteel”
April 23, 2019
As president and CEO of The Women’s Foundation of Colorado, Lauren Y. Casteel is known for her philanthropic leadership and for her dedication to social justice issues.
The Lowry Speaker Series presents “An Intimate Conversation with Lauren Y. Casteel” on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 7:00-8:30PM at the Eisenhower Chapel, 293 Roslyn Street in Denver (on Lowry).
Lauren Y. Casteel is a frequent speaker, moderator and panelist, and will join us to talk about:
· Her family’s legacy in the civil rights movement (her father was Whitney M. Young, Jr., an American civil rights leader and head of the National Urban League from 1961-1971)
· Events that shaped her own path and passions
· Why diversity and inclusion just make sense
· Becoming an advocate for the causes that matter to you
· How to get involved with The Women’s Foundation of Colorado
Lauren has won numerous accolades, including the Anti-Defamation League Mountain State Region’s 2018 Civil Rights Award, the Colorado Women’s Chamber’s 25 Most Powerful Women Award in 2015, and an induction into the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame in 2014.
Admission is free; no tickets or reservations are necessary. For more information, please call (303) 344-0481.