Search Upcoming Events
Our searchable event list includes only events with fixed start and end dates. For a list of destinations and events that are open year-round, or that repeat regularly throughout the year, check out our Ongoing Events.
- This event has passed.
Montview Ebola Effort
October 11, 2014 - December 1, 2014
Would you like to join others in sending help to the countries in the midst of the Ebola crisis? Here are two ways to do so:
1. Financial donations: Montview Presbyterian Church (at Montview & Dahlia in Park Hill) is sponsoring one or more Disaster Relief Shipping Containers of emergency medical supplies, to be sent through Project C.U.R.E. (projectcure.org), which has its International Headquarters in Centennial. Montview has already allocated $7,000, to cover half of the cost of a 20’ container, and seeks matching funds from its congregation and the wider community, to cover the remainder (or more).
Help support this effort by sending a tax deductible donation* payable to Montview Presbyterian Church, 1980 Dahlia St., Denver, Co., 80220 and indicate “Project Cure-Ebola” in the memo line.
Please indicate if you are a Montview member and/or Park Hill, Stapleton or other Denver neighborhood resident, so we can keep track of the breadth of community involvement. Also, please send your email address, so we can thank you and let you know how your money is being used.
2. Supply donations: You can also drop off any and all of the following at Montview – a labeled box will be in the Commons (lobby area) inside the glass doors that open on Dahlia Street:
1. Duct tape: to seal responders’ clothing and protect them.
2. Safety Goggles
3. Rubber or other Impermeable Gloves
4. Hand Held Sprayers that are 1 Liter or bigger: to spray disinfectant. These can be found at hardware stores. One example is the 1 liter RL Flo-Master Hand Held Sprayer, $7.00 at Walmart.
Please do not provide used equipment – we want to make sure it works and is protective. We will empty the donation box on a periodic basis and take the items to Project C.U.R.E.
*If you do not want to donate as part of the Montview group effort, please send your donations to
Project C.U.R.E., International Headquarters, 10377 E. Geddes Ave., Ste. 200, Centennial, CO 80112 — or to the relief group of your choice.
To learn more about Project C.U.R.E., check out its website at www.projectcure.org.
Since 1987, Project C.U.R.E. has obtained and delivered medical supplies and equipment to hospitals and clinics throughout the developing world. Although this charity, which is regularly ranked among the top charities in America by Charity Navigator, the Chronicle of Philanthropy and Forbes, requires site assessments to identify the specific needs of a medical facility before shipping materials, it is not doing so here because the Ebola effort is an emergency response for which most needed supplies are known.
In addition, Joe Miklosi of Project C. U. R. E. will speak at 9:30 am on Sunday, October 26, between Montview’s morning services about the many ways in which the community can get involved with its work. Please join us.
If you have questions, please email Susan Schneider Homiak at email@example.com or Rev. Sheri Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Time is of the essence in this effort. Thank you.