RTD’s new fare structure starting January 1, 2016 was designed to simplify fares and payment. New features include: day passes offering riders unlimited trips through the entire service day for the cost of a single round trip; simplified rail zones; a flat $9 fare for services to and from Denver International Airport; and printers aboard buses for day pass purchases.
- Local day passes will cost $5.20 and Regional/Airport day passes will cost $9. Day passes will provide unlimited trips throughout a service day for the cost of a round trip and the Regional/Airport day pass will include an Airport fare.
- New bus and rail trip categories are Local, Regional and Airport.
- Express bus routes will become Local or Regional trips, with some fares along these routes going down in price.
- New rail zones are A, B, C and Airport. Travel in one or two zones will require a Local fare; travel in three zones will require a Regional fare; and travel in the Airport zone will require an Airport fare.
- A one-way Local trip will cost $2.60; a one-way Regional trip will cost $4.50; and a one-way trip to or from DIA will cost $9.
- Half-fare discounts will still be available for elementary, middle and high school students ages 6-19, Medicare recipients, passengers with disabilities and people ages 65 and above. A one-way Local Discount trip will cost $1.30 and a Regional or Airport Discount trip will cost $4.50 for qualifying passengers.
- Active military personnel will continue to ride RTD services at no cost, as is the current policy.
- 10-Ride tickets books are available at retail outlets and provide an approximately 10 percent discount on single rides.
Passengers can find more information about RTD’s new fares at www.rtd-denver.com/fares-2016.shtml or by calling RTD Customer Care at 303-299-6000. Information provided by RTD.