Summer is nearing, which means dry weather. After years of drought conditions, Denver Water stresses the importance of using water efficiently. Denver will implement the following rules beginning May 1.
- Water during cooler times of the day—lawn watering is NOT allowed between 10am and 6pm
- Water no more than three days per week
- Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets and alleys
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete or asphalt
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days
- Do not irrigate while it is raining or during high winds
- Use a hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing your car
According to Denver Water, nine “Water Savers,” or trained Denver Water employees, will be out in the community to provide customers with tips and tools. They will also respond to reports of water waste. To report water waste, call Denver Water at 303.893.2444.
Visit www.DenverWater.org/conservation for more information.
Is our water tapped? Read James Hagadorn’s May column.